About Dr. Barr
Dr. Samuel Barr graduated Tufts University in 1974 with a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering. In 1978 he received his Doctorate in Medical Dentistry from Boston University. A dental residency program was completed in 1979 at the VA Hospital in Albany, New York. Dr. Barr has been in private practice in Oneida since that time.
Dr. Barr became a trainer in CEREC Technology in 2002. He has lectured in the USA, Canada and Australia on this revolutionary technology. He was a member of the Board of Governors of the Academy of Computerized Dentistry of North America (ACDNA), and a past president of the Madison County Dental Society. Dr. Barr has reviewed articles for The Journal of The American Dental Association, a peer reviewed dental journal.
Dr Barr …
- Has assisted in Teaching for The Stuart Orton-Jones Academy in Northampton, England. He has assisted in the teaching of surgical anatomy as it relates to dental implant placement.
- An Associate Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
- A member of the Madison County Board of Health. He has also served on the Community Health Assessment Committee for Madison County.
- Chairman of Professional Peer Review Committee of the Madison, Oneida, and Herkimer County Dental Societies, components of the NYS Dental Society.
- A member of the National Dental Practice Based Research Network
- A member of the Alabama Implant Study Group. The AISG is one of the oldest dental study groups focusing on dental implants in existence.